Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Monkey Repellant

If you google "monkey repellant" you would find the best way to ward off a pesky monkey is with a high-powered ultrasonic machine with "Multiplex Modulated Sweeping Ultrasonic Sounds"... available in India...

Now if you ask my oldest son Noah he would tell you the best way to scare away a monkey is by peeing on it... yes peeing on it!

Currently I am fighting the fight against my monkey hunting four year old and our nice new carpet...

One day Noah and Si wanted to watch a movie, so we went on Netflix to pick something other than Paw Patrol or Dinosaur Train. We found the movie Curious George... innocent right? Cute monkey explores the world and gets into a little trouble. Thats really it. George is not scary. There are no scary monkeys. So what should be the problem? Have you seen the intro?  I hadn't. Apparently George pops out of the floor and walls. What kind of issue could this possibly cause a child?



Sitting in bed with Noah one night he asked if we would tape up the floors and walls to stop the monkey from getting in. Confused, we told him there was no monkey and we would leave his door open. He went to sleep.

The next morning I go in his room to straighten up and open he blinds and the room smelled weird. I assumed it was just him... the boys in this house tend to be no bowl of potpourri. I stepped in the corner to find the carpet wet. Hmmm.
I asked Noah what happened and he said,"I scared the monkey away Mommy!!". He was very proud of himself. Still confused... He went on to tell me how the monkey would pop out of the wall and the corner. Obviously I asked if he was afraid of the monkey. He proudly responded, "no! I just pee on his back and he goes away Mommy!" Right!?

Confused pause... Thinking to myself what the $#%@?!?!

Awesome Buddy!



Monkeys 3 - Mommy (Carpets) 0



Is it just my kids or do other people have the same struggles!?!?

This is my life. Just the tip of the iceberg. You can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment